Differential Backups for Windows: BackupChain®
BackupChain: Made for IT admins
BackupChain is a simple to use, yet advanced backup tool for IT professionals. It is fully configurable and offers file version differencing, differential and incremental delta compression, virtual server and database support, and a strong parallel backup process for fast backups.
What type of backup do you need?
Extensible PC and Server Backup Software
- Powerful Windows backup tool with a simple interface. See our Beginner Tutorial.
- BackupChain's Hyper-V Data Protection Feature can be deployed on Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2008 Server Core Installations. Hyper-V Installation Instructions are available for Core user interface environments.
- VMware replication, local and online live VM backup
- Backup virtual servers while running
Differential and Incremental File Backups using Delta Compression Backup
It is a common misunderstanding to describe differential backups as simple file change updates. In the case of database backups, the files are so huge that it is not feasible to retain a full copy of each version at each backup cycle. BackupChain provides a solution to this problem with its proprietary delta compression technology, which ensures that backups use only minimal amounts of storage space. This compression method reduces the load on the backup server but it also reduces bandwidth because only the actual block-level changes within the virtual machine are backed up. This is why BackupChain is ideal for remote virtual machine backups, even via FTP. BackupChain's backup technology does not require a locally stored history of VMs from previous backup runs, so your VMware servers can run on minimal hardware. And, since most VMs change only minimally each day, you can easily send your incremental or differential backup over the Internet straight from your file server.
Free Product Tech Support
All of our team members are personally committed to providing the best service possible. Should any difficulties occur or you need assistance with BackupChain, please email or talk directly with our developers. We are based in Baltimore, MD, USA: Tel: 1-800-906-5150 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org M-F 9AM-5PM (EDT)
Data Backup to External Hard Drives, Network Shares, and FTP
BackupChain performs fast incremental and differential backups to eSATA drives, network drives, and FTP.
The built-in FTP
backup server permits receiving files from other machines on the Internet.
To meet the needs of IT professionals, BackupChain contains specialized proprietary technology to handle millions of files and so-called "in-file deltas". Delta compression is ideal for frequently changing files, such as databases and virtual disks, because only file changes are stored rather than the entire file. BackupChain is the only USB backup tool available that provides delta compression, which significantly lowers bandwidth and storage requirements.
Encrypted Online Backup for Servers and Workstations -- Both Sides are in Your Control
- Set up and control your own remote backup system using the built-in FTP server. Running your own server at another site eliminates online storage costs and your data is stored on your own computers.
- Back up your files to any other PC running BackupChain or any FTP hosting site on the Internet.
- Save your office files to your home computer and vice-versa.
- Back up your servers and PCs at several office locations.
- Encrypt your data with secure transmission (FTPS) and military-strength encryption (FIPS, HIPAA compliant).
Fully Configurable File Filters and Version Handling
- Configure precisely the number of copies per file you want to keep depending on the file type and file location.
- Compress specific file types the way you want (in-file delta, zip, bzip2, etc.)
- Set up different settings for each folder and file type
- Specify specific file types to omit