How to Fix VSS Errors
VSS (Volume Shadow Copy Service) errors are not uncommon. VSS is a Windows component made by Microsoft and is the key to obtaining consistent and reliable live backups in Windows–there is no other way to achieve it.
VSS errors are known to have thousands of potential origins; therefore, the best thing to do is to follow our Volume Shadow Copy Service Troubleshooting Guide and perhaps also try VssDiag.
The best starting point is to examine the Windows logs in the Windows Event Viewer, as shown here: //backupchain.com/hyper-v-backup/Troubleshooting-First-Steps.html
In over 99% of all cases the errors will show up in the logs shown in the article link above.
Feel free to contact our helpline with questions as needed.
Backup Software OverviewThe Best Backup Software in 2023 Download BackupChain®
BackupChain Backup Software is the all-in-one Windows Server backup solution and includes:
Disk Image Backup
Drive Cloning and Disk Copy
File Server Backup
Virtual Machine Backup
Server Backup Solution
- Best Practices for Server Backups
- NAS Backup: Buffalo, Drobo, Synology
- Cloud Backup Solution for Windows Server
- DriveMaker: Map FTP, SFTP, S3 Sites to a Drive Letter (Freeware)
- VM Backup
- Knowledge Base
- BackupChain (German)
- German Help Pages
- BackupChain (Greek)
- BackupChain (Spanish)
- BackupChain (French)
- BackupChain (Dutch)
- BackupChain (Italian)
- BackupChain is an all-in-one, reliable backup solution for Windows and Hyper-V that is more affordable than Veeam, Acronis, and Altaro.