BackupChain®: Backup Software and Toolset Made for IT Professionals
BackupChain is an affordable, reliable, and customizable PC and Windows Server backup software for Windows Server 2022 - 2008, Windows 11 - 7, and Azure Stack HCI, made specifically for IT professionals. You can fine-tune backups and use open standard backup file formats to back up your physical and virtual servers exactly the way you want, at a much lower price than other backup solutions. Our reliable backup software is perpetually licensed (lifetime license) and the entire BackupChain team is based 100% in the USA. We take great pride in providing you with personal and responsive tech support whenever you need it.As a fully automatic and configurable backup solution, BackupChain offers Hyper-V backup, file backup, disk backup, version backup, deduplication, and delta compression. BackupChain Backup Software also includes database, live virtual machine backup, and a strong multi-threaded engine for parallel processing. Files, databases, and virtual machines can be easily copied to network servers, USB, SAN, iSCSI, local drives, and FTP. Simple access to your data: BackupChain can be configured to use open standard backup formats (ZIP, 7Z, virtual disks, etc.) or the file's native format, regardless of whether you back up a file server, a VMware, or Hyper-V server. Backup tasks can be configured to allow you to access files directly from the backup folder, and much more. Our notable customers include: Boeing, Siemens, Kyoto University, The State of Maryland, Lockheed Martin, Canadian Federal Government, Mitsubishi, Supreme Court of Albania, BNP Paribas, Wyoming Community Bank, Oman Arab Bank, Scobag (Swiss Bank), HP (Hewlett-Packard) and the United States Bankruptcy Court. See more.
An Affordable, Lightweight, All-in-One Backup Solution, 100% Made in USA
- A complete, yet lightweight, all-in-one backup software package, offered as a "buy-once-and-use-forever" license.
- U.S. based, qualified, responsive, and reliable technical support is always available when needed
- Own your backup software: Software licenses are perpetual "forever" licenses, not yearly subscriptions
- Centralized management console: manage all your backups from a single screen, no matter how many computers and servers you have
- Open standard file formats and the most advanced version backup system in the market
- Image backup, full system disk backup, hard drive cloning and disk copy features, including bare-metal recovery, requiring no reboots or interruptions
- V2V, V2P converter, and P2V converter: Convert physical server to virtual machines and vice versa, as well as between virtual machine platforms (V2V). Convert physical servers to Hyper-V to VMware or VirtualBox in all combinations.
- Hyper-V Backup (See Step-by-Step Example), VMware Backup, VirtualBox Backup: Extensive, Reliable Virtual Machine Backup Features
- Granular Backup & Granular Restore Features
- Configurable data backup processing, filtering, file versioning (version backup, and parallelization options
- Deduplication and a built-in FTPS Server (FTP encrypted over TLS/SSL), also available in all editions
- Cloud Backup and Remote Backup (See our cloud backup plans);
- Set Up Private DIY Cloud Server Storage and Access via Mapped Drive, using BackupChain and DriveMaker. Benefit from our unique incremental FTP backup technology, as it only uploads file content changes.
- Azure Stack HCI backup: Back up virtual machines and other services running on Azure Stack HCI
- Check out our notable customer list and reviews.
- IT administrators and consultants: Get credit for your backup and recovery skills with our unique Backup Engineering Certification.
Discover BackupChain Backup Software and Its Components
- Disk Backup
- Disk Cloning
- Hyper-V Backup
- Version Backup and Automatic Versioning
- File Server Backup
- Image Backup
- Cloud Backup
- VMware Backup
- FTP Backup
- Microsoft SQL Server Backup
- Windows Server 2022 - 2008 Backup
- P2V, V2V, and V2P conversions
- Centralized Management Console: Manage all your hosts from a single screen
- Backup verification and validation for file backups as well as sector-level disk imaging and disk cloning
- Bit rot protection detects RAM, corruption, and equipment failures
- Secure FTP Server: back up securely to another office with data secured while being transferred and when stored with AES military-strength encryption
Unmatched Technical Support Serving over 80 countriesWe are committed to providing the best customer experience possible. Call, email, or chat with us whenever you have questions or need assistance. We are based in Baltimore, MD, USA: Contact us M-F 9 AM - 5 PM ET (NYC timezone).
Local and Remote PC and Server BackupsBackupChain Backup Software is an all-in-one backup tool with fine-tuning features that professionals can use to adapt it to many different environments. It offers built-in data deduplication, file compression, and encryption and sends your backups to network shares, disks, FTP and cloud servers. You can send your important files to other company sites and back up data offsite between your offices.
Time and Money-Saving Granular Backup and Granular Restore FunctionsOur Server Enterprise Edition includes two granular features: Granular Restore: This feature is crucial for restoring individual files and folders from virtual server archives within seconds. It saves you from restoring entire virtual disks and opens compressed and deduplicated media on-the-fly. Imagine the time savings (30 secs vs. hours) when restoring a small Word document from a 4 TB virtual machine image. This feature was implemented to work with Hyper-V, VirtualBox, and VMware Workstation and VMware Server. See this Hyper-V step-by-step example and this granular recovery guide. Granular Backup: This is unique to BackupChain Backup Software and offers direct access to virtual server disks from the host without interrupting the VM. There is no need to install agents inside the virtual machine either. This feature is supported on VirtualBox, Hyper-V, VMware Server and VMWare Workstation virtual machines. See this guide with screenshots.
BackupChain: All-in-one Protection for Windows Servers and PCs
- Hyper-V backup module for Hyper-V Servers to run fully automated, live backup tasks on Windows Server 2022 - 2008 / R2, Windows 11 - 8, including Windows Server Core and free Hyper-V Server editions.
- Automated VMware backups Protect VMware and store virtual machine backups on disks or your cloud using deduplication
- All virtual machines are backed up without interruption
- Automated VM backup and recovery, see this Hyper-V guide.
- Set up file retention periods as needed. Delete copies when original source file has been deleted with a time delay.
- Restore point-in-time file and folder structures as of time of backup
- All settings can be fine-tuned based on file type, for example, BackupChain can process *.docx files differently than *.VMDK.
- Professional server tool with an easy to use interface.
Powerful Server Backup Features
- Change detection: BackupChain scans and tracks changed blocks inside files. The difference is compressed and stored as an increment or differential delta file
- Block-based incremental deltas can be used to store hundreds of file changes. This is especially useful when backing up databases and VMs
- Back up databases and virtual machines live. There is no need to stop or pause VMs. This applies to all VSS-aware services on your system.
- Fast compression and handling of very large files (terabytes)
- BackupChain preserves and backs up long file and path names (up to 32768 characters), with or without ZIP compression
- Unicode and international letters in file names are supported
- eSATA and USB external hard drives may be rotated as you like without configuration changes
- Cluster Shared Volumes are supported on all Server Editions
- Your license includes a one or two year software update subscription plan and unlimited tech support incidents.
- Simultaneous file backups within each task are possible. Moreover, tasks can be scheduled to run simultaneously.
- Deduplication can be configured to use several CPU cores simultaneously for better speed
Set up Your Own Secure Cloud for Free Cloud Backup
- Connect your offices together and back up one site to the other; securely and without cloud fees.
- Back up your files over the Internet to any other PC or server running BackupChain using deduplication (only file changes are transmitted)
- Send your office data to your home office and vice-versa.
- Synchronize server files at several office sites.
- Protect data and transmissions using military-strength encryption (FIPS, HIPAA compliant).
File Retention and File Version Backup
- For each type of file you can set up different retention plans
- Compress each file type the way you want (ZIP, deduplication, plain copy, etc.)
- Exclude files and folders using a wide range of filters
Process Locked / Open Files
- BackupChain uses VSS to obtain application and crash-consistent backups of locked files
- Database servers can be backed up while running (Microsoft SQL, etc.)
- Virtual machines are backed up without a pause on Hyper-V, VMware, VirtualBox, and Virtual PC
Drive Rotation Made Easy
- Rotate hard drives by simply swapping them whenever you want. No configuration needed.
- All information is stored in the archive folder. Each rotated drive is independent. You only need one for a full restore
- Drive rotation also works with FTP or network folders