The read and write “total bytes” are the same when there is no compression or deduplication occurring.
When compression or deduplication is being used, the total bytes read should be higher than total bytes written, since compression reduces the write volume.
The read volume is less than the total of all original files because some were skipped. This happens after the first full backup.
Files are skipped when their last write access time stamp matches between original and backed up file, which is interpreted as an unchanged file and BackupChain skips it.
Skipped files aren’t counted in the ‘total bytes read’ statistic.
Backup Software OverviewThe Best Backup Software in 2022 Download BackupChain®
BackupChain Backup Software is the all-in-one Windows Server backup solution and includes:
Disk Image Backup
Drive Cloning and Disk Copy
File Server Backup
Virtual Machine Backup
Server Backup Solution
- Best Practices for Server Backups
- NAS Backup: Buffalo, Drobo, Synology
- Cloud Backup Solution for Windows Server
- DriveMaker: Map FTP, SFTP, S3 Sites to a Drive Letter (Freeware)
- VM Backup
- Knowledge Base
- BackupChain (German)
- German Help Pages
- BackupChain (Greek)
- BackupChain (Spanish)
- BackupChain (French)
- BackupChain (Dutch)
- BackupChain (Italian)
- BackupChain is an all-in-one, reliable backup solution for Windows and Hyper-V that is more affordable than Veeam, Acronis, and Altaro.