Virtual Machine Backup Software for Hyper-V, VMware, VirtualBox
BackupChain in an all-in-one Windows backup solution that contains a complete virtual machine backup toolset for Hyper-V, VMware, VirtualBox and other hypervisors. BackupChain can be used to create a live backup of each VM from the host as a local backup or as cloud backup. Apart from backing up VMs, BackupChain offers a wide range of host-level backup features, as well as Granular Backup and Granular Restore to speed up the recovery process.
BackupChain only needs to be installed on the host and each license includes unlimited live virtual machine backup on these main platforms:
- Hyper-V Backup on Windows Server 2022 – 2008 as well as Windows 11 – 8 hosts
- VMware Backup on all Windows platforms
- VirtualBox Backup on all Windows platforms
- Cloud Backup for Virtual Machines
Instructions for each of the above platforms are available also in the User Guide and the links provided above.
- Create a backup while VMs are running without interruption.
- Use granular restore to restore VM files and folders. Use granular backup to back up files that are stored inside VMs from the host.
- Support for all Windows Servers, including Hyper-V Server 2019 / 2016 / 2012 / 2008, Windows Server 2022 / 2019 / 2016 / 2012 / 2008, VMware Workstation, Virtual Server 2005, VMware, and Virtual PC
- Support for all guest operating systems including Linux
- BackupChain can be installed on the host or inside the VM.
- Full, Incremental, and Differential deduplication, ZIP (or related) compression or straight replication copy tasks possible.
- In-file delta technology (also known as file version differencing or deduplication) identifies what has changed since the previous backup cycle and writes it out to a delta file.
- Version backup for virtual machines: Keep the last N backups and clean up automatically
BackupChain, our Windows Server 2022 backup software is specifically developed to meet the needs of IT professionals, who want more than just a “backup” button. IT pros prefer to know exactly what is going on, to have a detailed log, and a plethora of options to fine-tune their backups. While most users will use a network backup target, BackupChain also offers incremental and differential deduplication for cloud backup and FTP backup as well. To augment Hyper-V backup and VMware backup BackupChain also offers full system disk backup and disk cloning Windows Server, making it the perfect, all-in-one Windows Server backup solution. Moreover, you can backup Exchange Server, and diversify your file server backup by setting up your own secure cloud storage server, a feature built-in to BackupChain.
Virtual machine backup is just one application for BackupChain. To fully protect your host system and all the other services you may have installed, download the full version of BackupChain today and give it a try.
Supported Host Platforms
- Microsoft Windows Server 2022 / 2019 / 2016 / 2012 / 2008 / R2
- Microsoft Windows Server Core Installations without a GUI (BackupChain provides full GUI on Windows Core)
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2019 / 2016 / 2012 / 2008 / R2 (Microsoft’s free OS)
- Virtualization support for Hyper-V and Microsoft Virtual Server, and other systems running on top of Windows.
- Database support for Microsoft SQL Server, and other VSS-aware systems.
- Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP are also supported, including Hyper-V backup on Windows 11, 10 and 8
Backup Software OverviewThe Best Backup Software in 2023 Download BackupChain®
BackupChain is the all-in-one server backup software for:
Disk Image Backup
Drive Cloning and Disk Copy
File Server Backup
Virtual Machine Backup
Server Backup Solution
- Best Practices for Server Backups
- NAS Backup: Buffalo, Drobo, Synology
- How to use BackupChain for Cloud and Remote
- DriveMaker: Map FTP, SFTP, S3 Sites to a Drive Letter (Freeware)
- VM Backup
- V4 Articles
- Knowledge Base
- Archive 2022
- Archive 2021
- Archive 2020
- Archive 2019
- Archive 2017
- Archive 2016
- Archive 2015
- Archive 2014
- Archive 2013
- BackupChain (German)
- German Help Pages
- BackupChain (Greek)
- BackupChain (Spanish)
- BackupChain (French)
- BackupChain (Dutch)
- BackupChain (Italian)
- BackupChain is an all-in-one, reliable backup solution for Windows and Hyper-V that is more affordable than Veeam, Acronis, and Altaro.
Other Backup How-To Guides
- Windows 10 (Final) Download Link Enterprise Trial / Evaluation
- Notable Customers
- Hyper-V Backup for Windows 11, Windows 10, and Windows 8
- Server Administrator’s Checklist: Manual Server Monitoring
- How to Fix VolSnap 36 Error User Imposed Limit – Volume Snapshot
- Hyper-V Replica Pros and Cons
- Hyper-V Cloud Backup
- Free SFTP + FTP Client, Map Network Drive for SFTP & FTP
- Ubuntu VM Hyper-V Backup and What You Need to Know for Linux Support
- How to Fix Event 1135 FailoverClustering: Cluster node was removed
- How to Backup Hyper-V Virtual Machine on Windows Server 2022 or Windows 11
- How to Fix VSS Error 12344: An error was encountered while Registry Writer
- Discounts for Schools: Cloud Backup, Storage, Backup Solution
- FTP Server TCP/IP Port Exhaustion Prevention
- Path Too Long? Try Delete Long Path File Freeware Tool DeleteLongPath™
- How to Fix Error 64 “The specified network name is no longer available”
- How to Set up a Free NAS with NTFS for Backups and Hyper-V
- How to Delete All VSS Shadows and Orphaned Shadows
- Why Hard Drives Fail, Crash, Corrupt, and Click
- What is Granular Restore and How to Use it for Hyper-V Guest Recovery?