Backing up files with Unicode file names is fully supported in BackupChain and there is no need to configure anything.
Full Unicode support is provided by BackupChain for file names up to 32,768 characters long. This makes BackupChain a perfect tool to back up very large file servers with deep folder structures, even over the network (network shares, UNC paths, etc.) via a pull or push backup strategy.
You will need to use an NTFS formatted target drive because other file systems, such as FAT, may not provide the same flexibility and limit file names and character sets. When using BackupChain with NTFS formatted drives, there should be no issue at all backing up Unicode file names.
Backup Software OverviewThe Best Backup Software in 2022 Download BackupChain®
BackupChain Backup Software is the all-in-one Windows Server backup solution and includes:
Disk Image Backup
Drive Cloning and Disk Copy
File Server Backup
Virtual Machine Backup
Server Backup Solution
- Best Practices for Server Backups
- NAS Backup: Buffalo, Drobo, Synology
- Cloud Backup Solution for Windows Server
- DriveMaker: Map FTP, SFTP, S3 Sites to a Drive Letter (Freeware)
- VM Backup
- Knowledge Base
- BackupChain (German)
- German Help Pages
- BackupChain (Greek)
- BackupChain (Spanish)
- BackupChain (French)
- BackupChain (Dutch)
- BackupChain (Italian)
- BackupChain is an all-in-one, reliable backup solution for Windows and Hyper-V that is more affordable than Veeam, Acronis, and Altaro.