BackupChain v4 no longer requires a .Net Framework installation because .Net already comes preinstalled in Windows since Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008. BackupChain works with .Net 4.0, included in Windows 8 and 10 and Windows Server 2012 and later, but also works with .Net 2.0 which is included in .Net 3.5 installations, on Windows XP to Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003 to 2008 R2.
So either framework version .Net 4 or 2.0 SP2 will work fine, you don’t need both installed. Hyper-V Server 2012 operating systems already come with .Net 4 preinstalled, so a separate installation is not needed. For older OS versions, please these notes.
Backup Software OverviewThe Best Backup Software in 2022 Download BackupChain®
BackupChain Backup Software is the all-in-one Windows Server backup solution and includes:
Disk Image Backup
Drive Cloning and Disk Copy
File Server Backup
Virtual Machine Backup
Server Backup Solution
- Best Practices for Server Backups
- NAS Backup: Buffalo, Drobo, Synology
- Cloud Backup Solution for Windows Server
- DriveMaker: Map FTP, SFTP, S3 Sites to a Drive Letter (Freeware)
- VM Backup
- Knowledge Base
- BackupChain (German)
- German Help Pages
- BackupChain (Greek)
- BackupChain (Spanish)
- BackupChain (French)
- BackupChain (Dutch)
- BackupChain (Italian)
- BackupChain is an all-in-one, reliable backup solution for Windows and Hyper-V that is more affordable than Veeam, Acronis, and Altaro.