In a nutshell, the Server Edition is limited to 2 simultaneous file backups and 2 deduplication workers.
The Server Enterprise Edition doesn’t have those limitations and also offers Granular Backup (backup files internal to VM from the host) & Granular Restore (restore files from within VM backups) features.
The limitation of workers and simultaneous files basically causes backups to run slower on Server compared to Server Enterprise Edition.
The two editions are increasingly drifting apart to satisfy the needs to different groups of customers; hence, different new features are being added to future versions of each and may or may not be added to the basic Server Edition.
Check our Buy page for a comprehensive comparison chart.
Backup Software OverviewThe Best Backup Software in 2022 Download BackupChain®
BackupChain Backup Software is the all-in-one Windows Server backup solution and includes:
Disk Image Backup
Drive Cloning and Disk Copy
File Server Backup
Virtual Machine Backup
Server Backup Solution
- Best Practices for Server Backups
- NAS Backup: Buffalo, Drobo, Synology
- Cloud Backup Solution for Windows Server
- DriveMaker: Map FTP, SFTP, S3 Sites to a Drive Letter (Freeware)
- VM Backup
- Knowledge Base
- BackupChain (German)
- German Help Pages
- BackupChain (Greek)
- BackupChain (Spanish)
- BackupChain (French)
- BackupChain (Dutch)
- BackupChain (Italian)
- BackupChain is an all-in-one, reliable backup solution for Windows and Hyper-V that is more affordable than Veeam, Acronis, and Altaro.