Yes BackupChain has the option to back up and restore file and folder permissions, so-called ACLs.
You’ll find the backup option in the Options tab, box “Access Control Lists”.
When restoring, at the very end of the restore screen where you enter the target folder, click ‘advanced options’.
You’ll see an option there to restore ACLs on folders and files. Check both and proceed.
Note that you need to use NTFS formatted target folders in order to preserve ACL information.
Backup Software OverviewThe Best Backup Software in 2022 Download BackupChain®
BackupChain Backup Software is the all-in-one Windows Server backup solution and includes:
Disk Image Backup
Drive Cloning and Disk Copy
File Server Backup
Virtual Machine Backup
Server Backup Solution
- Best Practices for Server Backups
- NAS Backup: Buffalo, Drobo, Synology
- Cloud Backup Solution for Windows Server
- DriveMaker: Map FTP, SFTP, S3 Sites to a Drive Letter (Freeware)
- VM Backup
- Knowledge Base
- BackupChain (German)
- German Help Pages
- BackupChain (Greek)
- BackupChain (Spanish)
- BackupChain (French)
- BackupChain (Dutch)
- BackupChain (Italian)
- BackupChain is an all-in-one, reliable backup solution for Windows and Hyper-V that is more affordable than Veeam, Acronis, and Altaro.