BackupChain contains a virtual machine backup software component for Hyper-V, VMware, VirtualBox and other virtual host systems that can be used to create a live backup of each VM from the host. It only takes a few minutes to set up your first virtual machine backup using BackupChain.
BackupChain only needs to be installed on the host and creates live virtual machine backup on these main platforms and others:
- Virtual machine backup for Hyper-V
- Virtual machine backup for VMware Workstation, VMware Server & VMware Player
- Virtual machine backup for VirtualBox
Instructions for each of the above platforms are available also in the User Guide and the links provided above.
- Create a backup while VMs are running without interruption.
- Use granular restore to restore VM files and folders. Use granular backup to back up files that are stored inside VMs from the host.
- Support for all Windows Servers, including Hyper-V Server 2016 / 2012 / 2008, Windows Server 2016 / 2012 / 2008, VMware Workstation, Virtual Server 2005, VMware, and Virtual PC
- Support for all guest operating systems including Linux
- BackupChain can be installed on the host or inside the VM.
- Full, Incremental, and Differential deduplication, ZIP (or related) compression or straight replication copy tasks possible.
- In-file delta technology (also known as file version differencing or deduplication) identifies what has changed since the previous backup cycle and writes it out to a delta file.
- Version backup for virtual machines: Keep the last N backups and clean up automatically
BackupChain, our Windows Server 2016 backup software is specifically developed to meet the needs of IT professionals, who want more than just a “backup” button. IT pros prefer to know exactly what is going on, to have a detailed log, and a plethora of options to fine-tune their backups. While most users will use a network backup target, BackupChain also offers incremental and differential deduplication for cloud backup and FTP backup as well. To augment Hyper-V backup and VMware backup BackupChain also offers full system disk backup and disk cloning Windows Server, making it the perfect, all-in-one Windows Server backup solution. Moreover, you can back up Exchange Server 2016, and diversify your file server backup by setting up your own secure cloud storage server, a feature built-in to BackupChain.
Virtual machine backup is just one application for BackupChain. To fully protect your host system and all the other services you may have installed, download the full version of BackupChain today and give it a try.
Supported Host Platforms
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 / 2012 / 2008 / R2
- Microsoft Windows Server Core Installations without a GUI (BackupChain provides full GUI on Windows Core)
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016 / 2012 / 2008 / R2 (Microsoft’s free OS)
- Virtualization support for Hyper-V and Microsoft Virtual Server, and other systems running on top of Windows.
- Database support for Microsoft SQL Server, and other VSS-aware systems.
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP are also supported, including Hyper-V backup on Windows 10 and 8