If you are looking for a backup software without compression, for example, if want your backup folder to contain the files ready to use without having to decompress them, you came to the right place. One of the many reasons why our PC and server backup solution BackupChain is so popular with IT pros, is that it allows you to fine-tune backup tasks exactly the way you want. Instead of a bunch of unreadable, proprietary file formats, you can set up the backup to copy files as-is in their native format into your the backup folder, whether it’s a local drive, external drive, a NAS server, cloud server, or an FTP site.
Backup files may be opened directly from the backup folder, even without having or using BackupChain.
Our backup software offers the following backups without compression, as an option:
- Uncompressed file and folder backups, file server backups
- Direct copy Hyper-V virtual machine backups
- Direct copy VMware, and VirtualBox virtual machine backups
- Uncompressed Database backup and replication
- 1:1 Disk image and cloning
Why Backup without Compression?
Having backup files immediately accessible is a great way to ensure everyone can quickly open a file from a backup folder when it’s needed, without any delays, and without having to install software. However, if you wanted to use compression, BackupChain also offers another interesting option: Apart from as-is backups, that is files backed up in their native format without processing, BackupChain also offers individually ZIP-ed backup files. Individually zipped backup files can also be opened individually on all Windows computers and servers, even when encryption is used. Hence, if all you are concerned about is easy access to your backup files, you don’t have to give up compression. The choice is yours.
What are the features of BackupChain Backup Software?
BackupChain is complete PC and server backup software for Windows. It offers backup in plain file formats, ZIP and many other open-standard formats, deduplication, and disk imaging backup, live disk cloning from disk to disk, VMware virtual machine backups, backup for VirtualBox VMs, backups to cloud servers, FTP backup, and a lot more.
Using BackupChain’s many options, you can set up your backup tasks exactly to do what you need. Above all, we want you to have total control over your own data.
Backup Software OverviewThe Best Backup Software in 2023 Download BackupChain®
BackupChain is the all-in-one server backup software for:
Disk Image Backup
Drive Cloning and Disk Copy
File Server Backup
Virtual Machine Backup
Server Backup Solution
- Best Practices for Server Backups
- NAS Backup: Buffalo, Drobo, Synology
- How to use BackupChain for Cloud and Remote
- DriveMaker: Map FTP, SFTP, S3 Sites to a Drive Letter (Freeware)
- VM Backup
- V4 Articles
- Knowledge Base
- Archive 2022
- Archive 2021
- Archive 2020
- Archive 2019
- Archive 2017
- Archive 2016
- Archive 2015
- Archive 2014
- Archive 2013
- BackupChain (German)
- German Help Pages
- BackupChain (Greek)
- BackupChain (Spanish)
- BackupChain (French)
- BackupChain (Dutch)
- BackupChain (Italian)
- BackupChain is an all-in-one, reliable backup solution for Windows and Hyper-V that is more affordable than Veeam, Acronis, and Altaro.
Other Backup How-To Guides
- Hyper-V Replica Pros and Cons
- List of 12 Virtual Backup Software Vendors
- Video Step-by-Step Hyper-V Backup on Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022
- How to Fix SQL Error: 18210, Severity: 16, Error 3041
- How to Delete Files in the Backup Folder
- BackupChain is American Backup Software, 100% Made in USA
- Backup Software with VSS Support for Windows Server and Windows 11
- Backup Software with Encryption for Windows 11, Windows Server 2022
- How to Fix VolSnap 25 Error The shadow copies of volume C: were deleted
- Virtual Machine Backup Software for Hyper-V, VMware, VirtualBox
- Windows 10 (Final) Download Link Enterprise Trial / Evaluation
- 18 Hyper-V Requirements and Recommended Hardware
- Things to Consider:Cluster Shared Volumes
- Hard Disk Cloning and Drive Copy for Windows, GPT + MBR
- Command-line Access S3, FTP, Wasabi, SFTP, Cloud Drive Windows
- Video Step-by-Step Restore VM from Hyper-V Backup on Windows Server 2022 and Windows 11
- How to Fix: The semaphore timeout period has expired, Error 121
- How to Fix Disk Signature Error PartMgr 58
- Hyper-V Dynamic Disk Pros and Cons
- How to Seed to a USB Drive for Cloud Backup