Backup Software with Encryption for Windows 11, Windows Server 2022
If you are looking for a secure backup solution that offers encryption to protect your data, you found the right tool. Our PC and Windows Server backup solution BackupChain® offers various security features to ensure your backups are secured against tampering and unauthorized access.
BackupChain offers the following security features:
- Files, databases, virtual machines, and all other forms of data are encrypted using AES256, the so-called ‘military-strength’ algorithm standard for encryption.
- Each file is encrypted separately using an open-standard format when possible. This allows you to open file backups without third-party software, even when the backup file is encrypted.
- Backup files remain encrypted in storage, even if you back up to the cloud
- When you back up to remote or cloud servers, the data is encrypted first and travels through an encrypted channel
- Encrypted backups are downloaded and decrypted at the point and time of restore
- File-level verification ensures that encrypted backups remain intact while in storage, even when they are stored in the cloud or on remote servers.
Typical use cases for backup encryption are:
What are the Pros and Cons of Encrypted Backups
Encryption is used to protect files from unauthorized access. In order to offer the best possible protection, every byte inside each encrypted file needs to be modified so that an attacker cannot access the contents of the file. In order to do that, each file needs to be processed in its entirety and this process takes additional processing time. Backups with encryption, hence, run slower than regular backups because the involve complex mathematical algorithms that the CPU needs to work on, in addition to the regular backup processing tasks. The AES 256 encryption method used in BackupChain is considered the best encryption standard and is approved by governments and industries worldwide as the best encryption method because it produces virtually unbreakable encryption codes at a minimal CPU load.
Beyond Encrypted Backups
As an all-in-one PC and server backup software package, BackupChain offers much more than encrypted backups, disk imaging, such as Hyper-V backups, VMware VM backups, SQL Server backup, VirtualBox VM backups , version backup, cloud backup, FTP backup, and much more.
Above all, BackupChain is a comprehensive backup software that gives you total control over how backups are being processed, based on a reliable backup engine that tracks and verifies every single file it backs up.
Backup Software OverviewThe Best Backup Software in 2023 Download BackupChain®
BackupChain is the all-in-one server backup software for:
Disk Image Backup
Drive Cloning and Disk Copy
File Server Backup
Virtual Machine Backup
Server Backup Solution
- Best Practices for Server Backups
- NAS Backup: Buffalo, Drobo, Synology
- How to use BackupChain for Cloud and Remote
- DriveMaker: Map FTP, SFTP, S3 Sites to a Drive Letter (Freeware)
- VM Backup
- V4 Articles
- Knowledge Base
- Archive 2022
- Archive 2021
- Archive 2020
- Archive 2019
- Archive 2017
- Archive 2016
- Archive 2015
- Archive 2014
- Archive 2013
- BackupChain (German)
- German Help Pages
- BackupChain (Greek)
- BackupChain (Spanish)
- BackupChain (French)
- BackupChain (Dutch)
- BackupChain (Italian)
- BackupChain is an all-in-one, reliable backup solution for Windows and Hyper-V that is more affordable than Veeam, Acronis, and Altaro.
Other Backup How-To Guides
- What is Granular Restore and How to Use it for Hyper-V Guest Recovery?
- Hyper-V Pass-through Disk: Pros and Cons
- How to Fix: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)
- How to Easily Protect Your Servers Against Ransomware
- Why Hard Drives Fail, Crash, Corrupt, and Click
- Backup Software for Windows Server 2022, VMware, & Hyper-V
- How to Fix SQL Error: 18210, Severity: 16, Error 3041
- OneDrive Backup Software for Windows PCs and Servers
- P2V Converter & Backup Software for Hyper-V VMware VirtualBox
- Hyper-V Block Size for NTFS: What’s Recommended
- How to: Bare-Metal Recovery via USB Windows Server Boot Disk
- 18 Hyper-V Requirements and Recommended Hardware
- What You Need to Know About Servers
- BackupChain®: The Time Machine for Windows
- Backup Software with Encryption for Windows 11, Windows Server 2022
- How to Set up a Free NAS with NTFS for Backups and Hyper-V
- Hyper-V Checkpoint Risks
- How to Turn Off Windows 10 Upgrade Notification and Icon
- How to Fix Disk Signature Error PartMgr 58
- Why a Hyper-V Checkpoint Isn’t a Backup