Below is a comparison reviewing Carbonite vs. Acronis vs. BackupChain Cloud Backup plans (Pricing as of May 8, 2015).
Carbonite Acronis BackupChain 1 TB 1 TB 1 TB $1,499.99 yearly 899.99 yearly $479.99 yearly 2 TB 2 TB 2 TB $2,499.84 yearly $1,699.99 yearly $949.99 yearly
Use BackupChain to back up Hyper-V, VMware, your NAS, file servers, external drives, Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, and virtual machines to the cloud.
What is Cloud Backup?
Cloud backup is the process of backing up files, data, and entire systems or virtual machines to a cloud-based server. Usually the connection from one server to another is over the Internet but may also be provided using VPNs or private links.
Cloud Backup Solutions
Cloud backup solutions are software solutions and services that enable companies to securely move their files and data from one location to the other. Moreover, cloud backup solutions also offer archiving and encryption.
How to Restore a Cloud Backup
Cloud backups are usually restored using the application that backed up the data; however, some services also allow alternative means to access information from anywhere. For example, the BackupChain cloud allows access via FTPS (encrypted FTP) that may be used in certain scenarios and through web browsers.
Enterprise-Grade Cloud Backup or Server-Grade Cloud Backup
Enterprise grade or server-grade cloud backup offers retention period handling, archiving, and features for automated backup and restore of various services, such as Microsoft Exchange, Hyper-V, VMware, SQL Server, etc.
Why use Cloud Backup?
Taking local backups is always the first step; however, theft, fire, and other local disasters may destroy the original data media as well as backup media and devices. In order to diversify and mitigate data loss risk, organizations today also add cloud backups to their portfolio, which offer various advantages over other backup strategies.
Why use the BackupChain Cloud?
The BackupChain Cloud service is for many users the best value enterprise-grade cloud backup service available. BackupChain offers highly specialized backup software program features geared towards the professional user and IT administrator. No other backup software on the market offers the same flexibility and range of features at the same price point.
Backup Software OverviewThe Best Backup Software in 2023 Download BackupChain®
BackupChain is the all-in-one server backup software for:
Disk Image Backup
Drive Cloning and Disk Copy
File Server Backup
Virtual Machine Backup
Server Backup Solution
- Best Practices for Server Backups
- NAS Backup: Buffalo, Drobo, Synology
- How to use BackupChain for Cloud and Remote
- DriveMaker: Map FTP, SFTP, S3 Sites to a Drive Letter (Freeware)
- VM Backup
- V4 Articles
- Knowledge Base
- Archive 2022
- Archive 2021
- Archive 2020
- Archive 2019
- Archive 2017
- Archive 2016
- Archive 2015
- Archive 2014
- Archive 2013
- BackupChain (German)
- German Help Pages
- BackupChain (Greek)
- BackupChain (Spanish)
- BackupChain (French)
- BackupChain (Dutch)
- BackupChain (Italian)
- BackupChain is an all-in-one, reliable backup solution for Windows and Hyper-V that is more affordable than Veeam, Acronis, and Altaro.
Other Backup How-To Guides
- How to Turn Off Windows 10 Upgrade Notification and Icon
- Hyper-V Backup Error: Could not initiate a checkpoint operation: Element not found. (0x80070490).
- Discounts for Schools: Cloud Backup, Storage, Backup Solution
- V2V Converter & Backup for Hyper-V VMware VirtualBox
- Live Hyper-V Backup using Hyper-V VSS Writer: How Backup Works
- Command-line Access S3, FTP, Wasabi, SFTP, Cloud Drive Windows
- How to Install Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 / 2008 R2
- Automatic Hyper-V Backup on a Schedule
- Protection Against Ransomware, CryptoLocker, Trojans and Viruses
- Hyper-V Checkpoint Risks
- OneDrive Backup Software for Windows PCs and Servers
- Hyper-V Disadvantages: How Hyper-V Costs You
- Notable Customers
- How to Fix VSS Error 12344: An error was encountered while Registry Writer
- Live Linux Virtual Machine Backup Without Shutdown or Pause
- How to Backup and Restore Hyper-V Virtual Machine
- Hyper-V Backup for Windows 11 and Older Versions of Windows
- 18 Hyper-V Tips & Strategies You Need to Know
- Backup Software with Portable and Perpetual Licensing
- How to Delete All VSS Shadows and Orphaned Shadows