Are you looking for a simple way to backup Hyper-V virtual machine guests on Windows Server 2022-2008 or Windows 11-8 PCs? With BackupChain’s server backup software you can set up and backup Hyper-V virtual machines in just three minutes and just a few steps.
- Backup for the Windows host server disk as well as backup of all Hyper-V virtual machines with just one license. This includes virtual machines on Cluster Shared Volumes.
- Set up incremental as well as differential backup; Efficient in-line deduplication and virtual machine replication. Open standard backup formats, such as ZIP are also offered.
- Copy a Hyper-V virtual machine while running to another server, NAS, USB drive, or network drive
- BackupChain can do bare-metal recovery, sector-level disk backup, and hard disk cloning of physical Windows boot disks
- Set up Hyper-V P2V (physical disk to Hyper-V VM), Hyper-V V2P (Hyper-V VM to physical disk), and Hyper-V V2V (Hyper-V VM VHD / VHDX format conversion)
- Backup physical PCs and servers to Hyper-V, VirtualBox, or VMware for instant recovery with BackupChain’s automated P2V tasks
BackupChain is a all-in-one backup software that you can use to protect all workloads, large Windows Servers as well as Windows 10 PCs utilizing virtualization. Download your fully functional trial today.
Install And Start Your Hyper-V VM Backup in 3 Minutes
The Hyper-V virtual machine restore steps are shown in the video below:
Hint: maximize the video and switch to HD for crystal clear quality.
Did you know? BackupChain also includes backup of Hyper-V VMs on Windows 11 – 8 and restoring them on all Windows Server versions and vice versa. BackupChain also offers VMware backup and VirtualBox backup and can convert virtual machines from one hypervisor to another.
Backup Software OverviewThe Best Backup Software in 2023 Download BackupChain®
BackupChain is the all-in-one server backup software for:
Disk Image Backup
Drive Cloning and Disk Copy
File Server Backup
Virtual Machine Backup
Server Backup Solution
- Best Practices for Server Backups
- NAS Backup: Buffalo, Drobo, Synology
- How to use BackupChain for Cloud and Remote
- DriveMaker: Map FTP, SFTP, S3 Sites to a Drive Letter (Freeware)
- VM Backup
- V4 Articles
- Knowledge Base
- Archive 2022
- Archive 2021
- Archive 2020
- Archive 2019
- Archive 2017
- Archive 2016
- Archive 2015
- Archive 2014
- Archive 2013
- BackupChain (German)
- German Help Pages
- BackupChain (Greek)
- BackupChain (Spanish)
- BackupChain (French)
- BackupChain (Dutch)
- BackupChain (Italian)
- BackupChain is an all-in-one, reliable backup solution for Windows and Hyper-V that is more affordable than Veeam, Acronis, and Altaro.
Other Backup How-To Guides
- 6 Common Cloud Backup Storage Pitfalls You Should Know
- Free SFTP + FTP Client, Map Network Drive for SFTP & FTP
- What is Granular Restore and How to Use it for Hyper-V Guest Recovery?
- How to Install Hyper-V on a Windows Server 2012 Machine
- Copy Long Path Names and Deep Folders over 240 Characters
- Backup Software with VSS Support for Windows Server and Windows 11
- Gmail SMTP Configuration for Backup Alerts
- Set Up Private DIY Cloud Server Storage and Access via Mapped Drive
- RAMKick™: Like RAMMap but Automatic, Empty System Working Set Memory
- Hyper-V Block Size for NTFS: What’s Recommended
- How to Delete Files in the Backup Folder
- How to Turn Off Windows 10 Upgrade Notification and Icon
- How to: Bare-Metal Recovery via USB Windows Server Boot Disk
- Notable Customers
- Best Practices for Server Backup, Data Backup, and Hyper-V Backup
- What’s New in v3.0.768?
- How to: Hyper-V Replication for Immediate Disaster Recovery
- How to Fix VolSnap 25 Error The shadow copies of volume C: were deleted
- Backup Software for Windows Server 2022, VMware, & Hyper-V