Are you looking for a simple way to backup Hyper-V virtual machine guests on Windows Server 2022-2008 or Windows 11-8 PCs? With BackupChain’s server backup software you can set up and backup Hyper-V virtual machines in just three minutes and just a few steps.
- Backup for the Windows host server disk as well as backup of all Hyper-V virtual machines with just one license. This includes virtual machines on Cluster Shared Volumes.
- Set up incremental as well as differential backup; Efficient in-line deduplication and virtual machine replication. Open standard backup formats, such as ZIP are also offered.
- Copy a Hyper-V virtual machine while running to another server, NAS, USB drive, or network drive
- BackupChain can do bare-metal recovery, sector-level disk backup, and hard disk cloning of physical Windows boot disks
- Set up Hyper-V P2V (physical disk to Hyper-V VM), Hyper-V V2P (Hyper-V VM to physical disk), and Hyper-V V2V (Hyper-V VM VHD / VHDX format conversion)
- Backup physical PCs and servers to Hyper-V, VirtualBox, or VMware for instant recovery with BackupChain’s automated P2V tasks
BackupChain is a all-in-one backup software that you can use to protect all workloads, large Windows Servers as well as Windows 10 PCs utilizing virtualization. Download your fully functional trial today.
Install And Start Your Hyper-V VM Backup in 3 Minutes
The Hyper-V virtual machine restore steps are shown in the video below:
Hint: maximize the video and switch to HD for crystal clear quality.
Did you know? BackupChain also includes backup of Hyper-V VMs on Windows 11 – 8 and restoring them on all Windows Server versions and vice versa. BackupChain also offers VMware backup and VirtualBox backup and can convert virtual machines from one hypervisor to another.
Backup Software OverviewThe Best Backup Software in 2023 Download BackupChain®
BackupChain is the all-in-one server backup software for:
Disk Image Backup
Drive Cloning and Disk Copy
File Server Backup
Virtual Machine Backup
Server Backup Solution
- Best Practices for Server Backups
- NAS Backup: Buffalo, Drobo, Synology
- How to use BackupChain for Cloud and Remote
- DriveMaker: Map FTP, SFTP, S3 Sites to a Drive Letter (Freeware)
- VM Backup
- V4 Articles
- Knowledge Base
- Archive 2022
- Archive 2021
- Archive 2020
- Archive 2019
- Archive 2017
- Archive 2016
- Archive 2015
- Archive 2014
- Archive 2013
- BackupChain (German)
- German Help Pages
- BackupChain (Greek)
- BackupChain (Spanish)
- BackupChain (French)
- BackupChain (Dutch)
- BackupChain (Italian)
- BackupChain is an all-in-one, reliable backup solution for Windows and Hyper-V that is more affordable than Veeam, Acronis, and Altaro.
Other Backup How-To Guides
- Hyper-V Block Size for NTFS: What’s Recommended
- How to Delete Files in the Backup Folder
- Backup Software with VSS Support for Windows Server and Windows 11
- Hyper-V Dynamic Disk Pros and Cons
- Virtual Machine Backup Software Guide & Tutorial Links
- Command-line Access S3, FTP, Wasabi, SFTP, Cloud Drive Windows
- Incremental Backup
- Video Step-by-Step Hyper-V Backup on Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022
- What You Need to Know About Servers
- Low-Cost Backup Software and Cloud Storage Solution
- How to Fix ID 10102 VMMS: Failed to create the backup of virtual machine
- Hyper-V Disadvantages: How Hyper-V Costs You
- How to Install Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 / 2008 R2
- Hyper-V Pass-through Disks: Advantages, Disadvantages, and Limitations
- How to Fix: The semaphore timeout period has expired, Error 121
- Backup Hyper-V on USB External Hard Drive Pros and Cons
- Differential Backup
- Set Up Private DIY Cloud Server Storage and Access via Mapped Drive
- BackupChain v2.4.531 Released!
- Backup Tool for Outlook 2013 / 2010 PST Files