Before backing up to cloud providers, such as Amazon S3, Glacier, Azure, OpenStack, Rackspace, Google Cloud, Google Drive, and Softlayer, you may want to look at alternatives.
These services may turn out to be very costly if you don’t watch out and if you are not aware of all pitfalls set in your way to “confuse you” into spending more than you would want to.
Wait until you receive your first “Glacier” invoice…
Why is that? Hidden costs, a.k.a. customer confusion marketing.
Once you inspect the pricing schedules of each service, whether it’s Amazon S3, Google Cloud, Azure or whatever, you’ll quickly notice various charges for various things. There may be charges to accessing a file, for downloading it, for bandwidth, etc.
Because you use a software product to send files to the cloud, you never really know how many accesses will occur and how much bandwidth you will be charged at the end of the month.
Why “gamble” when you can have a fixed cost per month or year?
There is a great alternative to Azure, Rackspace, Amazon S3, Softlayer, Glacier, OpenStack, Google Cloud, and Google Drive, and it is an established product for delivering reliable and efficient backups, local as well as remote: BackupChain.
BackupChain is a backup software product that comes with a perpetual license: no hidden costs
The BackupChain Cloud Service is an optional add-on. There are additional discounts when you sign up for a large TB plan or choose a yearly plan.
Superior reliability, No hidden costs, no extra charges, no surprises: BackupChain
BackupChain uses a proprietary algorithm using compression and deduplication at the block level, using incremental or differential deltas and WAN acceleration to enable cloud uploads even over slow links.
Before you consider buying Glacier, Google Cloud, Azure, OpenStack, Rackspace, Softlayer, Amazon S3, or Google Drive,
test drive BackupChain—for free—and you’ll find a clear winner.
Backup Software OverviewThe Best Backup Software in 2023 Download BackupChain®
BackupChain is the all-in-one server backup software for:
Disk Image Backup
Drive Cloning and Disk Copy
File Server Backup
Virtual Machine Backup
Server Backup Solution
- Best Practices for Server Backups
- NAS Backup: Buffalo, Drobo, Synology
- How to use BackupChain for Cloud and Remote
- DriveMaker: Map FTP, SFTP, S3 Sites to a Drive Letter (Freeware)
- VM Backup
- V4 Articles
- Knowledge Base
- Archive 2022
- Archive 2021
- Archive 2020
- Archive 2019
- Archive 2017
- Archive 2016
- Archive 2015
- Archive 2014
- Archive 2013
- BackupChain (German)
- German Help Pages
- BackupChain (Greek)
- BackupChain (Spanish)
- BackupChain (French)
- BackupChain (Dutch)
- BackupChain (Italian)
- BackupChain is an all-in-one, reliable backup solution for Windows and Hyper-V that is more affordable than Veeam, Acronis, and Altaro.
Other Backup How-To Guides
- Copy Long Path Names and Deep Folders over 240 Characters
- How to Fix Disk Signature Error PartMgr 58
- How to P2V for Hyper-V 2012 Using Disk2VHD in VHDX Format
- How to Convert Pass-through Disk to VHDX or VMDK
- Convert VHD files to VHDX, VMDK, VDI, and Physical Disk
- How to Back up Microsoft SQL Server Databases
- Path Too Long? Try Delete Long Path File Freeware Tool DeleteLongPath™
- Hyper-V Disadvantages: How Hyper-V Costs You
- 18 Pros and Cons of External Hard Drives
- Backup Software with Deduplication for Data, VM, Database Backup
- OneDrive Backup Software for Windows PCs and Servers
- Boot Hyper-V Server 2019, 2016 from USB Stick or Drive
- Hyper-V Granular Backup vs. Hyper-V Full VHD Backup
- How to Fix Error 64 “The specified network name is no longer available”
- Differential Backup
- Backup Software Without Compression Option: As-Is File Backup
- Hard Disk Cloning and Drive Copy for Windows, GPT + MBR
- Why You Shouldn’t Buy a NAS like Drobo, Synology, Buffalo, Netgear, QNap
- How Fix Invalid File Date Time Automatically
- Backup Hyper-V on USB External Hard Drive Pros and Cons