On April 4/4/2014 we released BackupChain v2.4.531 which contains bug fixes and major improvements for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1 Hyper-V backups.
The download is available at: //backupchain.com/downloads.html
If you have installed v2.4.527 you can install in-place by simply running BackupChainSetup.exe.
If you have an older version based on Windows Installer (MSI) you'll need to uninstall manually using the Windows Control Panel.
Either way your settings and your licenses will remain as they are and there is no need to re-activate the software.
Backup Software OverviewThe Best Backup Software in 2022 Download BackupChain®
BackupChain is the all-in-one server backup software for:
Disk Image Backup
Drive Cloning and Disk Copy
File Server Backup
Virtual Machine Backup
Server Backup Solution
- Best Practices for Server Backups
- NAS Backup: Buffalo, Drobo, Synology
- How to use BackupChain for Cloud and Remote
- DriveMaker: Map FTP, SFTP, S3 Sites to a Drive Letter (Freeware)
- VM Backup
- V4 Articles
- Knowledge Base
- Archive 2021
- Archive 2020
- Archive 2019
- Archive 2017
- Archive 2016
- Archive 2015
- Archive 2014
- Archive 2013
- BackupChain (German)
- German Help Pages
- BackupChain (Greek)
- BackupChain (Spanish)
- BackupChain (French)
- BackupChain (Dutch)
- BackupChain (Italian)
- BackupChain is an all-in-one, reliable backup solution for Windows and Hyper-V that is more affordable than Veeam, Acronis, and Altaro.