Installing Microsoft’s Hyper-V Server is free and quite straightforward.
First you need to have a spare physical computer.
Then, download the latest Hyper-V Server directly from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/hyper-v-server/default.aspx
The ISO file should then be burned on a DVD using a burner tool or Windows Disk Image Burner:
Then insert the DVD and install Hyper-V using the default settings.
Installing Hyper-V Server 2012 into a VHD
In order to install Hyper-V inside a VHD and then boot from it, follow these instructions.
About BackupChain Backup Software
BackupChain backup software is an all-in-one server backup solution, which is also offered as a workstation backup for Windows 10 and older systems.
In addition to HyperV backup, BackupChain also provides several other types of backup for virtual machine, such as backup for VMware and VirtualBox backup. For all virtual platforms, BackupChain can backup virtual machines while running without shut down or interruptions.
As a cloud based backup solution and backup for Windows server, BackupChain is both online and offsite backup in one solution.
When you backup data storage, you can also use version backup, which keeps track of all changes made to documents and other files, and create incremental or differential backups using deduplication for additional storage savings.
Additional services are also covered. Are you using Exchange or SQL Server? You can use BackupChain as your Exchange backup software and create automatic Microsoft SQL Server backup cycles on a schedule. Many users like to combine offsite and network backups and use BackupChain as their FTP backup software and backup software for NAS. All NAS devices are supported.
We also maintain a list of freeware for servers to assist the system administrators with their daily tasks. One of our freeware, named DriveMaker, offers the ability to map an FTP server as drive.
Backup Software OverviewThe Best Backup Software in 2023 Download BackupChain®
BackupChain is the all-in-one server backup software for:
Disk Image Backup
Drive Cloning and Disk Copy
File Server Backup
Virtual Machine Backup
Server Backup Solution
- Best Practices for Server Backups
- NAS Backup: Buffalo, Drobo, Synology
- How to use BackupChain for Cloud and Remote
- DriveMaker: Map FTP, SFTP, S3 Sites to a Drive Letter (Freeware)
- VM Backup
- V4 Articles
- Knowledge Base
- Archive 2022
- Archive 2021
- Archive 2020
- Archive 2019
- Archive 2017
- Archive 2016
- Archive 2015
- Archive 2014
- Archive 2013
- BackupChain (German)
- German Help Pages
- BackupChain (Greek)
- BackupChain (Spanish)
- BackupChain (French)
- BackupChain (Dutch)
- BackupChain (Italian)
- BackupChain is an all-in-one, reliable backup solution for Windows and Hyper-V that is more affordable than Veeam, Acronis, and Altaro.
Other Backup How-To Guides
- Hyper-V Backup Error: Could not initiate a checkpoint operation: Element not found. (0x80070490).
- Self-hosted Google Drive, OneDrive, Carbonite, Amazon S3, DropBox
- Hyper-V Pass-through Disks: Advantages, Disadvantages, and Limitations
- Live Linux Virtual Machine Backup Without Shutdown or Pause
- Easy and Secure FTPS Server
- Carbonite vs. Acronis vs. BackupChain Cloud Backup Plans Review
- 18 Hyper-V Tips & Strategies You Need to Know
- USB Disks and Hyper-V: How to Use, Pros and Cons
- V2V Converter & Backup for Hyper-V VMware VirtualBox
- How to Fix SQL Error: 18210, Severity: 16, Error 3041
- Backup Software with Encryption for Windows 11, Windows Server 2022
- How to Delete VSS Shadows You Can’t Delete: outside of your allowed context…
- How to Rollout Windows Updates Without Internet Connection
- BackupChain Backup Software Rewards for MSPs and Users
- Hyper-V Block Size for NTFS: What’s Recommended
- What is Granular Restore and How to Use it for Hyper-V Guest Recovery?
- Things to Consider:Cluster Shared Volumes
- V2P Converter & Backup Software for Hyper-V VMware VirtualBox
- How to Fix VolSnap 25 Error The shadow copies of volume C: were deleted
- Command-line Access S3, FTP, Wasabi, SFTP, Cloud Drive Windows