The Volume Shadow Copy Service error 0x8007000e E_OUTOFMEMORY
may occur in your logs as shown below:
Processing Writer 'Microsoft Hyper-V VSS Writer': Adding this component: ...... Creating shadow set ... (Waiting for the asynchronous operation to finish...) (Waiting for the asynchronous operation to finish...) (Waiting for the asynchronous operation to finish...) Error during the last asynchronous operation. - Returned HRESULT = 0x8007000e - Error text: E_OUTOFMEMORY VSS snapshot creation failed with result: 8007000E
The above error may cause the Hyper-V backup software to fail.
This is due to one or more of the following reasons:
* Hyper-V dynamic memory is being used. When the backup is initiated, the host doesn't have enough resources to give to the VM. The VM process then vetoes and, hence, the backup fails.
* Check if Hyper-V Integration Services are up-to-date. This is crucial for dynamic memory processing but also for VSS host to guest communication. Also look at //backupchain.com/i/18-hyper-v-and-hyper-v-backup-pitfalls-you-need-to-know
* Some anti-virus services and security apps may be causing this error. Try switching them off
* VolSnap errors may be causing this issue. Check system logs in the Event Viewer, also check out our guides:
If you find that VolSnap ran out of diff area candidates, follow these steps to increase the VSS limit: //backupchain.com/Cannot-Find-anymore-diff-area-candidates-for-volume-Volume-shadow-copy-service-error-troubleshooting.html
* Having too many VSS shadows in the system may be causing E_OUTOFMEMORY. Use the above link to access instructions on how to delete VSS shadows and disable the schedule that automatically creates them as part of Windows System Restore
Since 2009, BackupChain has been supplying over 40,000 IT professionals world-wide with a unique backup software designed specifically designed for the IT pro. Beyond Windows backup tool functionality, BackupChain also offers cloud backup, virtual machine backup, Windows Server 2012 backup
deduplication backup, FTP backup, amongst other great features.
To protect your virtual servers, you can use BackupChain’s live backup features, such as Hyper-V backup, VirtualBox backup, and VMware backup. When working with Hyper-V, BackupChain also supports CSV backup and Cluster Shared Volume backups.
Another great strength of BackupChain is its configurable version backup system, where you can specify in detail how you want your documents, databases, or virtual machines backed up over time (retention period, compression, deduplication settings, etc.)
We also maintain a range of Windows Server freeware and a free FTP client, DriveMaker, that allows free access to FTP servers via a virtual mounted drive letter.
Backup Software OverviewThe Best Backup Software in 2021 Download BackupChain®
BackupChain is the all-in-one server backup software for:
Disk Image Backup
Drive Cloning and Disk Copy
File Server Backup
Virtual Machine Backup
Server Backup Solution
- Best Practices for Server Backups
- NAS Backup: Buffalo, Drobo, Synology
- How to use BackupChain for Cloud and Remote
- DriveMaker: Map FTP Site as a Drive Letter (Freeware)
- VM Backup
- Archive 2021
- Archive 2020
- Archive 2019
- Archive 2017
- Archive 2016
- Archive 2015
- Archive 2014
- Archive 2013
- BackupChain (German)
- German Help Pages
- BackupChain (Greek)
- BackupChain (Spanish)
- BackupChain (French)
- BackupChain (Dutch)
- BackupChain (Italian)
- BackupChain is an all-in-one, reliable backup solution for Windows and Hyper-V that is more affordable than Veeam, Acronis, and Altaro.